Friday 24 February 2012

[drown out your lullabyes]

[he sings, and i sing to drown him out.]

[i don't think it would be a good idea to let him out of the maze. which means i am in a pickle, as I do not know whether i am heading out or to the center. i used to be certain it was the latter but i am certain of very little nowadays.]

[people have been telling me it is nice seeing me back to my old self and inquiring as to what happened to make me so morose. i just tell them i was tired, which is the truth.]

[i still feel tired. so very, very tired.]

[i want to sleep. sleep without dreaming, not the sleep he puts you in while he makes you a marionette he uses to hurt others like he did penny. real sleep. i haven't slept like that for getting near a year.]

[i'm tired and i want things to go back to normal again. i want the most worrying thing about my life to be my assignments, want my best friend to not be half a puppet to some monster that doesn't know or doesn't care what it does to the people who's lives it ruins.]

[i feel sick to my stomach, and kind of sad.]

[i'm sick of pretending things are okay, because they're not.]

5 comments:

  1. Is there anything I can do to help?

    I'm trying to figure out anything I can do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. [there is not much that any one person can do]

    [i just want my old life back.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as you do, beware any 'offers' to let you forget all this.

    I frankly don't even trust Harry's to end up lasting on Vivi and Chester, which is why I keep checking on them to the best of my ability. Which is admittedly very little...

    Point is, they will tell you anything you want to hear, as long as you surrender to them.

    I've heard whispers at night promising a way to bring her back...to make things right again. And every night I wish I could strangle the bastard whispering that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody has recovered their memories from any of my wipes over the past six years, and due to the fact that Chester is my younger brother I've been keeping close tabs on them.

    Ariadne, whatever coping mechanism you are using to keep Him out, please make sure it is not otherwise harming your welfare. Make sure to eat, get enough sleep, et cetera. You will find it easier to manage day-to-day things if you take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No offense meant, Harry. There's a first time for everything. And there's just something about those two.

    ReplyDelete